Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Review [Taste Test]
This page may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Learn more.
If you are looking for an unflavoured protein powder, then you may want to consider Myprotein’s Impact Whey Protein.
In this Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein review, I discuss the taste of this protein supplement and whether or not it is worth purchasing. I also discuss some uses for unflavoured protein powder.
What is Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder?
Myprotein Impact Whey Protein is a protein supplement used to help increase protein intake, and support muscle growth and repair.
Myprotein’s unflavoured protein powder is made of whey protein concentrate (milk) (100%), and emulsifiers (soy lecithin). Whey protein concentrate contains a full spectrum of amino acids, including the essential amino acids that your body cannot produce on its own.
This protein powder does not contain any artificial sweeteners, flavours or colours. Thus, contains a higher protein concentration than flavoured whey protein powders.
You can check out a more in-depth Myprotein Impact Whey Protein review here.
Below is the nutritional information for one serving (25g) of Myprotein Impact Whey (Unflavoured) Protein Powder.
|Nutritional Information||Per 25 g Serving|
|of which saturated fats||1.3 g|
|of which sugars||1.0 g|
Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder is available in containers of 1 kg / 2.2 lb, 2.5 kg / 5.5 lb, and 5 kg / 11 lb.
The larger containers are more cost-effective.
In addition, Myprotein often has discounts, which make their products even more affordable.
Here is a pricing breakdown of Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder with different container sizes and the 35% discount applied.
|Container Size||Number of Servings||Price (USD) excl. Discount||Price per Serving (USD) excl. Discount||Price (USD) incl. 35% Discount||Price per Serving (USD) incl. 35% Discount|
|1 kg / 2.2 lb||40||44.99||1.12||29.24||0.73|
|2.5 kg / 5.5 lb||100||99.99||1.00||64.99||0.65|
|5 kg / 11 lb||200||189.99||0.95||123.49||0.62|
Prices are from the time of writing this Myprotein Unflavoured review (August 2022) and are subject to change.
So, how does Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder taste?
I tried this protein powder myself both with water and milk, and this is what I think.
Taste With Water
When mixed with water, Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein powder tastes like watered-down milk, with a slight artificial aftertaste.
It is not unpleasant, but it is not great either.
If I would need to give it a rating, I would give it a 5 out of 10.
Taste With Milk
When mixed with milk, Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein powder tastes like a creamy, milky protein shake.
It is much more palatable than when mixed with water and does not have an artificial aftertaste.
Honestly, I would not mind drinking this protein powder with milk every day or interchanging it with some of the flavoured whey protein powders once I get tired of the flavour.
Overall, I think the taste of unflavoured protein powder with milk is quite good.
As far as the rating goes, I would give it an 7 out of 10.
Another important aspect of protein powder is mixability.
Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder by Myprotein mixes very well, both with water and milk.
I did not notice any clumping, and the powder dissolved easily.
Although, when mixing with water, I did notice a few small particles flowing to the top even after vigorous mixing.
Not a big deal in my opinion.
How To Use Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein
Here are some ideas on how you can use unflavoured protein powder in your diet:
- Mix it with water or milk to make protein shakes
- Mix it in your oatmeal or cereal
- Add it to yoghurt
- Bake with it (bread, cookies, cakes, etc.) or add it to pancake batter
- Make meal replacement shakes by mixing protein powder with water or milk, adding some fruits and/or berries, oats, and/or peanut butter, and blending everything together
- Premix protein powder with a bit of water or some type of milk and use it as a coffee creamer, to make a high-protein coffee
- Add it to other foods to increase the protein content, including but not limited to dips, sauces, soups, deserts, etc.
To sum up, Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder is a high-quality protein powder that is very versatile and can be used in many different ways.
Who Should Buy Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein
I would recommend Myprotein’s unflavoured protein powder to:
- Those who want a versatile protein powder that can be used in many different ways. For example, adding to oatmeal or cereal, making smoothies or shakes, baking, cooking, etc.
- Those who are not picky about taste and want a protein powder that is high in protein, low in carbs and fat, while priced affordably.
- Those that want the ability to sweeten their protein powder themselves (with Stevia or flavour drops, for example)
- Those that want to avoid artificial sweeteners, colours and flavours
- Those that don’t want to be limited by just one or two flavours
Who Shouldn’t Buy Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein
On the other hand, I would not recommend this protein powder to:
- Those that are looking for a great-tasting protein powder. While the taste is not bad, it is not great either, especially when mixed with water.
- Those that like flavoured, sweet protein powders. This protein powder is unsweetened, so you will need to sweeten it yourself if that is what you are looking for.
- Those that don’t use protein powder when cooking other foods.
- Those that don’t mind giving up one or two grams of protein per serving for a better-tasting, flavoured protein powder.
- Those that are not against the consumption of artificial sweeteners, colours and flavours. You might as well get a flavoured protein powder if that doesn’t bother you.
Where to Buy Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder
Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder is available on the Myprotein website and other online retailers.
I would always recommend buying it from the official Myprotein website as you can often find good discounts and deals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about Myprotein Unflavoured Impact Whey Protein Powder.
What Does Unflavoured MyProtein Impact Whey Protein Powder Taste Like?
Unflavoured MyProtein Impact Whey Protein Powder tastes like a watered-down version of milk when mixed with water. It is not bad, but it is not great either. It tastes much better with milk, in my opinion – just creamy, milky, protein shake, nothing more than that. When mixed with other foods, you can hardly taste the protein powder.
Is Unflavoured Protein Powder Healthier?
Unflavoured protein powder does not have any artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours. So from that perspective, it might be slightly more healthy.
There might be a slight difference in nutritional value between flavoured and unflavoured protein powder. The protein content is slightly higher in unflavoured protein powder, while carbs and fat are slightly higher in flavoured protein powder, but it is not a significant difference.
Which Protein Powder is Best Flavoured or Unflavoured?
It all comes down to personal preference in the end. If you are looking for a versatile protein powder that can be used in many different ways, with slightly higher protein content and you don’t mind the taste, then unflavoured protein powder is a good choice. If you are looking for a great-tasting, flavoured protein powder, then flavoured protein powder is a better choice.