There are a ton of different exercises you could use in your training routine and this exercise list includes the best exercises ones out here.
The most common way of categorizing exercises is by the muscle groups they stimulate when performing the movement. That is exactly how you will see the exercises sorted in this list at first.
Another way of classifying exercises is by their movement patterns (e.g. push, pull), thus all exercises below are also categorized by these patterns. Note, that it’s important to perform an equal amount of exercise with opposing movement patterns, to avoid any imbalances.
You probably heard that exercises are also divided into compound and isolation exercises. Where compound exercises engage muscle group at the same time, while isolation exercises work primarily one muscle group. So, you will also see the best compound and isolation exercises for each muscle group on this list.
How to use this list:
- Find the muscle group for which you want to pick an exercise
- Consider the movement pattern for which you want to choose an exercise
- Figure out whether you need a compound or an isolation exercise
- See if you have the right equipment to perform an exercise
- Pick an exercise that suits your all your previous criteria