Excel Workout Template
These Excel workout templates can help you create and track your workouts, monitor your progress, and more. Download the free workout template for Microsoft Excel to get started.
Downloadable Excel Workout Templates
Here is a selection of Excel workout templates you can download and use for free. Just download any you like, customize it to fit your specific needs, and use it. If you are looking for more templates in different formats, be sure to check out the complete list of fitness workout templates.
To download the corresponding template, simply click on the template image or a download link beneath it, and then it will take you to where you can download it.
Excel Workout Template 1
The most basic version of the workout template. It allows tracking the sum of reps performed in all sets for a given exercise.
Excel Workout Template 2
The same template as the basic one. The only difference is that it allows you to add up to 12 exercise slots.
Excel Workout Template 3
This is an advanced workout template which allows you to track the weight used and reps performed in each set.
Did not find the workout template you were looking for?
Let me know by sending me an email at email@example.com. I will do my best to create it for you and add it to this page for everyone to benefit from.
Excel Workout Template Highlights
Here are some of the features and benefits of using an Excel workout template:
- Free Excel workout log template ready to download and use
- Allows you to create and customize workouts to fit your needs
- Large exercise database with exercises organized by muscle group
- Ability to add your own exercises
- Keep track of sets, weight and reps for every exercise
- The template automatically calculates the total volume for each exercise
- Helps you monitor your progress over time
- Provides a way to share your workouts with others
- Can be used on any device that has Microsoft Excel installed
How to Create a Workout Plan in Excel
If you prefer watching a video tutorial instead of reading, check out the video below. If not, then continue reading.
Follow the steps below to create a workout plan in Excel.
- Download the free “Excel Workout Template”.
- Open the workout template in Excel.
- Name your workout. For example: “(your name) – (workout name) – Workout Template”.
- Go to the “Workout Setup” tab.
- First, select the target muscle group from the drop-down menu.
- Then, select the exercise you want to do from the “Exercise” drop-down menu.
- Select the number of sets and rep range.
- Select the rest time in between sets, and fill in the weight you will be using.
- You can also fill in any other relevant information under the “Notes” column.
- Repeat steps 5. – 9. for each exercise you want to include in your workout. Then repeat the same for every workout day you want to include in your workout routine.
- Lastly, delete any empty rows once you have completed setting up your workout program by right-clicking on the row number(s) and selecting “Delete”.
Your workout plan is now ready to be saved and used.
If needed, you can easily add or edit exercises, as well as change the default workout variables such as sets, reps, etc. To learn how to do that, and more, check out the guide on how to create a workout plan in Excel using the template.
Want to use Google Sheets instead to create your strength training workout plan? I have you covered – check out Google Sheets Workout Templates.
Download the Free Excel Workout Template
Ready to get started with your free excel workout template?
Download the template and get started tracking your workouts today.
Once again, I hope you find these workout templates helpful and that they help you achieve your fitness goals! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to improve these templates or if you have any suggestions for new features. Just write me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.